Dear Clients, Colleagues, and Friends,
As our country endures these difficult times; we recognize that this is unprecedented for everyone — a time that, for many, is filled with uncertainty. Our hearts and thoughts go out to each and every one of you. We are all in this together, and together we will get to the other side of this crisis.
We are constantly monitoring all developments related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and we are taking proactive measures recommended by Federal and New York State authorities to protect the health and well-being of our firm and clients.
The effects of COVID-19 may be long-lasting. As always, St.Clair & Associates, PLLC Law Firm will be there as a trusted resource to help you navigate through your estate planning and/or Surrogate Court needs.
What you can expect from us:
As a valued client or potential client of St. Clair & Associates, PLLC, I want you to know that we understand the importance of the services we provide to you and the responsibility that entails. Meeting that responsibility day in and day out, in any environment, is our primary focus.
- St.Clair & Associates, PLLC, will continue operations indefinitely.
- Our office will remain available via phone, email, and video conferencing.
- We have implemented remote work access.
- All in-person meetings will be moved to one of our online meeting platforms, FaceTime, Skype or other teleconference methods. (Clients and attendees will be receiving access links and dial-in codes, when necessary).
What you can expect for your case:
The greatest impact will be seen in active Surrogate’s Court matters. Due to court closures and/or limited access, courts across New York State we have taken precautionary measures. We are currently working with the local judiciaries to ensure that previously scheduling hearings either continue as planned or are rescheduled to the earliest possible time. In addition, the Chief Administrative Judge has ordered that unless an emergency, no documents are to be filed with the Court(s). However, we will prepare all the necessary documents and have them at the ready when the Courts resume normal operations.
What can you do?
- We ask that all clients use email as the preferred method of contact with the firm. Our staff is working remotely, and email will provide Clients with the fastest response times.
- You can call still reach us by telephone; even if we are not physically in the office, we will still pick up or call you back as soon as we can.
- Be flexible, considerate, and understanding of your neighbors and fellow members of the community. Strength in numbers during these next few weeks will prove invaluable.
In light of the constantly changing COVID-19 situation, we would like to remind you to take the necessary precautions to keep you, your family and your community safe. Wash hands often, cough into your elbow, do not touch your face, keep a six-foot distance from others and stay home, especially if you feel ill.
On behalf of St.Clair & Associates, PLLC, we want to extend our deepest gratitude for the faith and trust that you have placed in us and please know that we are doing everything we can to provide you with the very best of care. Our passion is to help you plan for your Life, Longevity, Legacy and/or Deal with the Loss of a Loved One.
Be Safe. Be Well